Rookie regular season over

jRuutu

70 games played, 2 goals, and 15 points. Not so exciting. What is even worse is the fact that I had only 59 shots in 70 games. Those who are good in math know that I did not get a shot on the net in every game. That is simply not good enough for an offensive defender.

I think when the off-season comes, I'm going to focus on my shot a lot. I need to get shots on the net if I want to be a powerplay player in this league. I did not get that many minutes on the powerplay in Seattle during the regular season, but I think that might be because the coaches have been watching me in practice. When the training camp starts, I need to come in hot and show everybody that I want that powerplay role. I need to have my shot ready to roll, heavy and accurate.

Before the off-season comes the playoffs. Exciting time. Since this is my rookie year, that also means this is the first time in the playoffs for me. In the playoffs I need to carefully decide when I will try to shoot. One of the main ways to get a counterattack is by blocking a shot and having one player leave the zone early, so as a defender I can dramatically make my own job easier by not shooting when there are no open lanes.

Seattle had a strong regular season, I'm looking forward to seeing how the playoffs go. We have enough quality in the roster for a nice run.