Sova Playoff Interview

v.2

KOuGqKG.jpg

Malmo, Sweden - Another VHL season, another Malmo Nighthawks playoff run.  Currently the Victory Cup winning team is tied 1-1 with the well rounded Warsaw Predators, as they face off in a gruelling conference final.  We caught up with defenseman Tui Sova, who is now in his second VHL season, and second playoff run with the Nighthawks.

VHL.com:

So it’s your second run with the big club, and your team absolutely crushed it in the regular season, how has this playoff run been for you so far?

Sova:

It’s been quite a ride so far, we know we can’t base too much off of what happens during the regular season as teams always emerge and find that extra gear coming into the playoffs.  We’ve been dealing well with adversity, and hope to continue.

VHL.com:

In your last 2 games against the Predators, your goalie Artem Tretiak got absolutely shelled.  How do you guys plan to reduce the number of shots against during the rest of the series?

Sova:

Yeah this is not something our coach was happy about at all.  We have to be tighter down low and get some bodies in front pucks.  I think we ran away with the regular season and kinda forgot how to play with grit, but it’s the playoffs now so we have to wake up.

VHL.com:

You just put up your first pair of points in the playoffs this year with a goal and assist in the first game VS Warsaw, not quite the point pace you displayed in last years run.. any feelings of discouragement in your play right now?

Sova:

Nah not really, as long as I’m still helping the team win it doesn’t matter if I produce.  We have a very strong team up front this year so I’ve been a little more focused on the defensive side.  At the end of the day it’s all about getting wins and advancing, not personal stats.

VHL.com:

Great, thanks for your time and good luck the rest of the way!

Sova:

Thanks