I spent 3 million dollars on 10 experience points and all I got was this t-shirt

jRuutu

WslXDjy.png

When you all of a sudden have four million dollars extra - what should you do? You could invest it smartly, so one day you look back and think how that one time you made a great decision. You could also buy something that you need. For example, something that you need in your daily life, or something that makes your life easier and more enjoyable. You can also do both. That is what I did. I bought 10 experience points from the store.

Why?

As a younger player, experience is what I need desperately. I need to learn all the tricks, and as fast as possible to reach my potential as a player. The experience is also going to benefit my daily life. I have a better understanding of how I should operate off the ice. For example, what I should eat before practice, or whether I should go out and sleep only five hours. Both might sound rather trivial and obvious to some, but if you got the cash to do something like this - why not?

As I'm writing this, I don't feel any different. However, when the store purchase is delivered, I should have 58 in experience. I will be the most experienced player in Seattle. Experience rating of 58 is not that exciting, but the fact that I'm the most experienced player in Seattle brings extra pressure. I need to lead by example and show the younger players what is ok and what is not. For example, I can't high-five Petrenko anymore after he gets thrown out of the game for spearing in the OT. I need to be the player who looks at him with a disappointed look on my face. I also need to lead by example and make plays that others can emulate. Instead of trying to skate with the puck, I need to rely on the boards and glass more often to get the puck out of our zone. Small things like that are what you expect to see from an experienced player.

e5D1qhA.png

Spread the joy, let others enjoy your success as well

Somebody might be wondering what I did with the extra million? Well, I have not done anything with it yet. I have been thinking of just leaving it in my bank account. It feels quite nice to look at your bank account and see one million dollars. I mean, one million dollars. That is a shit load of money. How can you possibly feel bad about anything after seeing you have one million dollars?

Since I'm the most experienced player on the team soon, I have been thinking about requesting that phones should be allowed on the bench. The coaches have banned the phones because they say it's distracting, or whatever. But think if we had phones on the bench? I could look at my bank account while sitting on the bench. If the game is not going well and we are losing, one look at the bank total - everything is fine again. Let's play some stick puck, who cares? I have million dollars in the bank.