Goalie Drought No More

CowboyinAmerica

NHL: Glove Saves - YouTube

The Next Wave of VHL Goalies Is Here

The future of VHL goaltending was looking a bit dicey there for a moment, even if not too many people were talking about it. Following a banner class of goalies in the S75 draft class, the next couple of seasons didn't produce much by way of goalie talent - S76 Tater Tot (555 TPE), S76 Andrew Bowman (493) and S78 Aike van Giersbergen (463) are the only goalies currently above VHLE level for the S76 through 78 draft classes, and none of the three are currently max earning. (S78s Tobias Reinhart and Leroy Johnson are also close to the 400 mark.)

S79 and S80 started to get closer, with Papa Emeritus, Em Em Flex, Xavier Booberry and David Davis already at or near the 400 TPE mark, and Orion D H Chiester IX, Oskar Lindbergh, Alex Parise and others approaching rapidly. Still, would that be enough to get the VHL through the retirement of all those S75 goalies?

We now have our answer. S81 is already beginning to see a healthy crop of first generation goalies taking up the mantle, with Juha Jarvinen, Tadhg Byrne, Thomas Price, and Richard Martello, among others all at or near 100 TPE already. And now, with the introduction of the S82 Draft class, we're seeing hyped goalies like Miervaldis Arpa, Jean Francois Papineau, Cole Pearce, and Wumbo, among others, join them.

Taken together, it paints the picture of a much stronger class of future VHL goalies than it may have even appeared at the S80 Draft. And for his part, Vasteras's Booberry welcomes the competition.

"The entire point of this is to test myself against the best of the best, right? It seems like I'm going to have the chance to do that," Booberry said. "I hope all of these goalies stay active and practice hard. Because I want some epic goalie showdowns in my VHL future."

Love it! For a tittle article it’s well done and I don’t feel like information are missing. Love the enthusiasm from your player to the prospect goalies coming up and hope to play against you in the future. I don’t see a lot of goalie article to so it’s refreshing to see and read. 8/10.