Cannon Signs with Lynx

Advantage

CANNON SIGNS WITH LYNX

Rusty Cannon has signed a one year deal with the Ottawa Lynx, reportedly worth 1.5 Million Dollars.  He will join the Lynx in a third pairing role, a team that has obliterated VHLM competition with a 44-8-2 record, good enough for second best in the league.  This is what he had to say during a press conference earlier this evening:

“I am thrilled to be able to join Ottawa for the rest of this season.  They are a talented team and to get a chance to play regular minutes on a championship contender, you just can’t pass that up.  I hope to get my VHLM career started with a Founder’s Cup and help bury some of the Memorial Cup burdens I have after two defeats.  I want to thank the team for trusting me and I am excited to get to Ottawa in order to make an impact right away.  I have never been to Ottawa so I am excited to explore the town and get to know my new teammates.”

Cannon is coming off a disappointing Memorial Cup defeat with the Kelowna Rockets.  A tournament that he starred in until a crucial mistake in the Championship Game cost them their chance to win.  The Lynx are banking on Rusty’s physicality and generally stalwart defensive play, and while he won’t bring a lot of offense, he can chip in here and there.