Juha Jarvinen Pros and Cons

Collusion

Juha Jarvinen the goalie from pori in Finland. The 19 goaltender is 6’8 and 220 pounds. Playing is first year in the VHLM who was signed by the Miami Marauders in the middle of the season. In 43 games played with the team his stats look like this: 22 wins, 20 losses, 1 overtime loss, a 0.889 saves percentage, a 3.8 goals against per game. 

Pros

Jahu is a stand up goalie who has really nice vision on the ice. Using his size to cover most of the net offensive players have difficulty to score against him. He is a calm force in his net never panicking and makes saves with the most elegant and easiest way possible. His calm can help his teammates play better knowing that Juha is in the net and his zone. His best aspect of his game is his reflex timing and his hand speed, Juha using that and his vision is well positioned to make the saves but can also make quick saves if needed when he is not in the perfect spot to make the save. I asked him what he worked on to improve the most and he said: Juha: I’m working on my rebound control and my consistency between game or even period. I want to be better in consistency the most because I feel like sometimes I have a wonderful 2 first period but I fall apart in the third and make my team lose because of that. My rebound is just okay but I want that to be one of my strengths in the future. 

Cons

Being that tall and heavy have some great aspects and some bad aspects, one of the bad aspects are Juha speed and agility. Juha is sometimes behind the play because of his speed and agility. Also moving in is crease when a one timer happens he transfers from side to side is too slow to catch the puck and the puck most of the times end up in the net. I also asked him about his speed and agility and that is what he said: Juha: That question again. Being honest with you I feel like In life I have no speed either. I’m not someone who is feeling rushed by something or someone. I am really someone who likes to take things slow and that is definitely my worst thing. I try to work on it on the ice but it’s really hard since I've been like that since I was a kid. 

Overall I think Juha is a good goaltender, even one of the best of his age group and I heard some speculation that is maybe going to be a first round pick, but that it’s something we are going to know in the future. 

465 words