How and Why Halifax Is Soaring Into Fourth Place.

MrMonkey

Halifax is currently fifth in the league and only two points behind the Houston Bulls. In my power rankings from last week, I slated Halifax at fourth, however, I think I underestimated Halifax. One of the reasons for Halifax's recent success is that there has been a defensive resurgence, they have added significant rookies just before the deadline, and wow, those rookies have been incredible for Halifax. Connor Johnson and Marshall Maxx are the most notable additions to this young defensive core, Connor already on the first line and Maxx right behind him on the second. Halifax has also made some strong strides to their already good offense, additions like Connor Eddy and Nic McMuffin have allowed the already great first line to be backed by a fairly productive second line. Halifax's problem up until the deadline was the clear lack of a productive defense and depth in every position. Halifax has had one of the strongest jumps in stats, they have started chipping away at the negative goal differential and have begun their push to pass Houston in the standings if their rookies can continue their growth and top scorers like Bryn Yrwy continue their dominance then there is a legit shot for Halifax to take the fourth position.