152 sb

jRuutu

I blocked 152 shots in 72 games. That might not sound like much to some, but when you take into consideration the fact that I actively tried to get out of the way - I could have close to 300 shots blocked if I actually tried to block shots. Who were the best blockers in the league? Chicken Wing in Warsaw had 235 blocks, Hadrian also in Warsaw with 213, and Reikkinen in London with 209. Those three were the only players in VHL who had over 200 blocks. I was not far away. Leveque from Seattle was the closest to the top blockers with 184 blocked shots.

As you can perhaps imagine, my body is pretty beaten up right now. Felt like I got hit with the puck a lot more at the end of the season. Was it because I was not even trying to get out of the way anymore? No playoff hockey - what is the point in trying to stay healthy? That makes sense in my head at least. Luckily, I still have time to rest before off-season workouts and the training camp starts. Will I continue blocking shots next season? More than likely not.