Nils Godlander Prospect Scouting Report

Moon

Nils Godlander
Position: Right Wing
Current Team: Minnesota Storm
VHLM Drafted: 2nd Overall (Houston Bulls). VHLE Drafted: 77th Overall (Rome Gladiators). VHL Drafted: 11th Overall (London United)

Nils Godlander was a sensational player in the junior leagues, coaches and teammates were very surprised on his skill. During Godlander's 2nd season in juniors scouts from the VHLM were watching his game closely. Not many games after some scouts were making reports.

Junior Leagues:
Nils was on a team with amazing players but one of the players on the team was Calix Pearce. Nils and Calix got along very well they had amazing chemistry it reminded me of the Sedin Twins, always knew where each other were on the ice and were able to make some amazing plays. In the first season of Nils and Calix playing together they had 100+ points each it was truly amazing to watch these two. Nils was a year older than Calix so Nils was out of juniors a season before Calix but both of them were scouted like crazy by scouts in the VHLM and now both of them are playing together on the Minnesota Storm in the VHLM.

SCOUTING REPORT:

"Nils Godlander is a great overall player who has a great balance of goals and assists. It took some time to get his footing in Minnesota in his first season but exploded when drafted by Houston. Got traded and went back to Minnesota and continued to impress. I would compare Godlander to Patrick Kane or Nikita Kucherov. Watch for Godlander to make an immediate impact when put into the VHL lineup." - youloser1337

PROS AND CONS:

Pros:
+Very good skating
+Good play making ability
+Great Team player

Cons:
-Small and light
-Doesn't have the greatest discipline

What Nils needs to work on:

Strength: even though NIls is a pretty good player right now as with everyone he still has to work on his game. Nils has always struggled when it comes to knocking people off the puck as he is only 5'9" 185lbs, Nils has to work on his strength so he can bump people off the puck a bit better.

Shot accuracy: Nils does put up goals but his shooting percentage seems to be a lot lower than most players but I think with some work Nils can really improve and start raising that shooting percentage and end up being one of the top goal scores in the league.

Discipline: Being the small player Nils is he takes I would say too many penalties compared to most players around his size, I think this is caused by not being able to hit like most players so he has to rely on his stick checking and he chooses to stick lift and poke check at the wrong times. With some work he will be just fine.

475 Words