Maxwell Mathias reflects.

Underclass_Hero

iJqqlm8.png

It's been a rather eventful 24 hours for Maxwell Mathias. Mathias coveted some attention due to his family name. Maxwell Mathias, cousin to SBA player; Kai Mathias recently opened up for a radio interview for a local syndicate news station. Attached below was the first of his words: 

"My cousin plays professionally in Milwaukee. He's got this whole demeanor and swag to him. We always discussed, and it was almost a daily thing where Kai would try to get me to follow in his footsteps. He always wanted me to play basketball, but I never really got into it. I just was never athletically gifted enough to do the basketball things. When I came out and told him that I was interested in Hockey, you could only imagine the expression across his face. We're talking about a guy who's almost 7 feet tall, just shaking in his boots. It was actually a little funny to look back on."

When discussing his cousin, it didn't take long for Maxwell to change the subject onto his own goals. Below is a summary of his claims: 

"We can sit here and discuss Kai all day, I get it -- He's proven himself, whereas I haven't really done that yet. I have a little experience here and there, and that's just it -- I'm fairly inexperienced. I'm fairly new to the whole game of hockey. When I sit here and I talk to people, they're skeptical. Rightfully so, to be honest. I'm coming here to be one of the best. I'm going to fight for everything, because truth be told? I've set these goals for myself, and I want to achieve all of them. I want to change the landscape of this sport. To keep a long story short, I want to go down in history as one of the best to ever do it. "

It was a rather short back and forth with Mathias, but one that made his feelings known. He had a common goal in mind, and if we were willing to bet -- Kai isn't going to stop until he accomplishes his goals.