A boy from Zeeland and interviews

Thunfish

nLHockey.nl: My name is Aldegonda Albers, speaking for the Netherlands' finest source of hockey news online nLHockey.nl and today, I speak with the newest Dutch player to join the heights of the VHL, Chicago Phoenix's very own Sunrise van de Schubbekuteveen. Speaking of which, Mr. Sunrise, I thank you for your time.

Sunrise: Ah, not a big deal at all, I got plenty of time to answer to questions, I think.

nLHockey.nl: So, Mr. Sunrise, assuming any of our readers aren't aware of your career so far, how do you describe yourself and your career?

Sunrise: My name's Sunrise van de Schubbekuteveen, I'm a left winger from the village of Schubbekuteveen, not too far away from Middelburg. I debuted for the Mexico City Kings in season 78 of the VHLM. After two seasons in the juniors, I was given a chance to go up and play in the then-new VHL Europe, which saw me drafted to play for the Cologne Express - a task I believe I have done wonderfully on my single outing. Alas, I was then offered the chance to move up to play for the Chicago Phoenix, the team that had drafted me in the majors and thus, given the rather short time we have for a career, I accepted it posthaste. So far, I think I've done a good job in the majors as well but we're taking on a wave that seems keen on pushing us back.

nLHockey.nl: Seeing as the sport of ice hockey has had a number of competent players coming from the Netherlands, some of which you might be aware of, what would you suggest to those who look towards joining this hall of players that you're likely to be aiming for?

Sunrise: Well, I can't speak from the point of view of an experienced player but I believe you need to put a lot of focus on improving your game every step of the journey in order to reach a level that you could consider Hall of Fame-worthy. It might be what's keeping us from doing so but then again, my start in the game was very odd, I imagine that a lack of opportunities to pick up the game in normal fashion has been an issue that lacks a counter to this very day.

nLHockey.nl: And how have you rated your season so far?

Sunrise: Well, it's been fine, given how our team currently is. I kinda wish my form improves further and that the team improves as well.

nLHockey.nl: Currently, you're the second player in activity at the VHL with the other one being Aike van Giersbergen of the Vancouver Wolves. Have you had the chance to exchange some words with your fellow countryman?

Sunrise: Not really, no. I just show up to matches, play and go home whether we win or lose. Haven't had the time for it either. I think he was on the bench too, that's a bit of an issue.

nLHockey.nl: Any parting words?

Sunrise: Not much... I'm kinda just thinking on what I'll have for dinner... Heheh...

nLHockey.nl: I thank you for your time, Mr. Sunrise, and wish you good luck on the season.

Sunrise: Thanks, really appreciate it.

nLHockey.nl: This is Aldegonda Albers, speaking for nLHockey.nl. I hope you'll stick with us for more hockey news.