A Year in Helsinki

CowboyinAmerica

:hel:

Helsinki -- With only two games remaining between the pipes for Titans rookie goaltender Xavier Booberry, he's been doing a bit of reflecting recently. It was a bit of an up and down year for the goalie - a .909 save percentage and three shutouts isn't bad at all for a rookie, but for a goalie coming off a VHLE title, it was a bit hard to swallow at times.

"I'm my own worst critic, and there were definitely games that I think the Titans could have won if I played better," Booberry said. "I strive for perfection, but some games I was clearly less than that."

Still, the Titans have taken a step forward this season from the team that finished last in Europe the past two seasons. With 61 points through 64 games, they're actually still technically in the playoff race (even if it's unlikely). With more of those wins this season, Booberry hopes the team will be able to take a step forward next season.

"We know we're building towards something, and especially the way that Johnston came in and took our offense to the next level, we've got something here," Booberry added. "Bring in Nezuko, Remy, Karjalainen and others next season from the VHLE, and we've really got a stew going."

Plus, he said, there's another offseason of training ahead. "I really think I'll be up near the top of goalies by the start of next season, and that's not bluster," Booberry said. "We'll see where the offseason goes."