Landry Scores Hat Trick In Win

Doomsday

Landry Scores Hat Trick In Win

Anze-Kopitar-Los-Angeles-Kings-6.jpg

CALGARY - In a game in which many things seemed to be turned upside down, perhaps the only constant was that Davos rolled to a 6-2 over the reeling Wranglers. But while the win was the HC Dynamo's eighth win in their last ten games, the win had an especially sweet highlight for team captain Thomas Landry: he recorded his first hat trick of the season.

"It was great to finally notch it after getting close a number of times," said Landry after the game. "I just wish it could have been at home in front of our fans, that would've been even better. I think I had more goals than there were hats on the ice."

With the hat trick, Landry now sits at 25 goals on the season, good for third on the team. His all-around play has led to him tacking on 35 assists, placing him at a team-best 60 points on the year. It may not be enough for an All-Star selection or an eventual home in the Hall of Fame, but those things have never been what is truly important for Landry.

"It's all about Davos and getting the win in the end," added the captain. "That is all that has ever mattered to me."

Jethro Novacek is a contributor to the MSFL Times, which totally did the ice bucket challenge. He enjoys watching war films, eating Polish water ice and testing the effectiveness of banana peels.