Not the Offseason Yet

CowboyinAmerica

:hel:

Helsinki -- The regular season is over for the Helsinki Titans, and while a spirited effort, the team came up short in its bid for the VHL playoffs. That doesn't mean, however, that there isn't hockey left to be played. On the contrary, the VHL will be sending its bottom six teams to play in the Lottery Tournament, affecting the odds of who gets this offseason's #1 pick.

Some players are ready for the offseason to get here and don't take the Tournament super seriously. But for Titans goaltender Xavier Booberry, it's being seen as more of an opportunity than a burden.

"I've got VHLM, VHLE and World Juniors experience with the playoffs, but nothing on the VHL level. This isn't the playoffs, but it's the next closest thing to me," Booberry said. "I just want to test myself in a bit more of a high stakes scenario."

Plus for the Titans, there could be huge dividends. The team currently holds the fifth best lottery odds, which means that the #1 overall pick remains unlikely. But if they were able to snag the top slot for the third season in a row, it would set them up even better for a long run.

"Everybody wants more talent around them, and anything I can do to help grab that talent would be great," Booberry added. "Here's to better lottery odds!"