Sergey Takes on Questions

Bulduray_1

Sergey Takes on Questions

Moscow- After a 3-5 loss against the London United for Sergey Preobrazhensky’s Moscow Menace, Sergey lands in the press room, looking forward to answering questions about his season. So far, Sergey has had a pretty decent start to the VHL, posting up 19 points in 26 games. He’s been a key presence for Moscow since he’s been called up to the VHL.

Reporter: Hey Sergey, tough game out there today, I know you guys wanted that win badly. You’ve been playing on the first line for quite a while now. Don’t you feel a bit overwhelmed playing against experienced veteran players on the first line when most rookies like you stick to the second or third line?

Sergey: You know, I think this really does help me as a player. While most VHL teams tend to put rookie players against players that are more to their skill level. I’m out here competing with the big guys, and I’m really enjoying the challenge. To be in this league, you have to be able to keep up with these types of people. I respect my management for having the courage to put me out there as a rookie. I’m not overwhelmed at all by being on the first line. I’m determined to keep up with some of the biggest stars in the VHL, I’m not ready to shy away or become overwhelmed. 

Reporter: Moscow has been stagnant in the standings so far, coming in 6th in the European Conference, are you worried about this?

Sergey: Not at all, I trust myself and this team to bounce back, we have what it takes and I’m sure we’ll get back on track. 

Reporter: Looking at this team, do you think Moscow has what it takes to become a playoff contender?

Sergey: Pffft, what type of question is that? I’m 100% sure we’ll be seeing the playoffs once again, and I’m confident we’ll go far in the playoffs as well. I love the team we have in Moscow and I’m glad to be a part of it.

Sergey Preobrazhensky is still feeling his way through the VHL. But it looks like he’s got it all figured out, at least for now. We look forward to what the young Russian has next up his sleeve, if everything he says goes to plan, we’ll be seeing the young center in the playoffs!