Random Thoughts from Dom

Dom

This is an intro

- So, first thought, after all, I drafted my own player. Was it planned? I would say yes and no, for the longest time I had no idea I could end up with the 3rd pick overall and had absolutely no intention to tank my draft stock to get my own player. Any GM who scouted me could say the same, I was being honest about not expecting to get my own player but anyone drafting after Malmo should also not expect me to skip my own player. Now, why did I pick my player? The main reason is to have a player that I'm guaranteed to not loose to FA or inactivity or anything like that. Also the ability of having a player I can build the way I feel will be best for the team's success and be able to change it's position without having anyone to convince at any time. Now that's the nice part of it but there is also a con which is that a first round pick, especially a top 3, is usually a big locker room presence and picking my own player doesn't add anyone.

-Well, my first thought was almost 200 words so I guess this is just a one thought article. I'm not changing the title, I keep it plural and this is my second thought. See you next week.