Motionless in White Really Slaps

Spartan

I traveled for business stuff a bit the past couple days, for about 3.5-4.5 hours each way. Naturally I found myself with a lot of time to listen to music during that time, so I got to listen to a bunch of songs and albums, and added a few to my playlists. The one that really stood out and ended up on repeat for a bit though was Slaughterhouse by Motionless in White. They've dropped a few solid songs recently since I think they have an album coming out soon:tm: but it's a solid song. Check it out if you like metalcore.

For actual VHL stuff, it seems like Moscow continued to do fine during my brief absence. They picked up points in every game while Riga seems to have caught up in games played, but still sits 8 points behind first place in the EU. We're in the final stretch now, and this week will have the point where Moscow can clinch home ice through the EU, and potentially home ice through the playoffs depending on how well they finish out the season along with how Seattle does in the NA. Will be an interesting week to follow to see how all the seeding plays out.

Helsinki is right on the heels of Prague for the final wild card spot, having caught up in games played and just short by 2 points. I am very hopeful that Helsinki can complete the season comeback and creep into the playoffs, as we've really surged since after the dismal first third of the season. If we took out the initial week of the season, Helsinki would definitely be a playoff team now. 

Lastly, just thought it was interesting that very, very few Moscow players lead individual stats. It's a testament to the depth on this team, that everyone from top to bottom is putting up a contribution to the team to the extent that no one or two players have to go above and beyond to carry the team. While I'm sure Duncan Idaho would love to be front and center when it comes to award votes, as a GM, I am just happy to see a deep team on the ice and not have to worry too much about a top scorer going cold. When everyone pitches in, it's a good indication for success, and it's been the recipe followed this season.