Being Traded

youloser1337

Getting traded can be both good and bad for a player. The bad is that you are going into a new locker room with no experience and have big expectations for the value given up. The good brings new passion and drive for a player going from a bottom team to a playoff hunting team. This is what happened to Scoish Velociraptor Maloish. He joined the Rome Gladiators roster as their only defenseman going into the season. He tried his best to make a rough situation into a bright spot. He put up some respectful numbers in the 54 games he played with Rome, with a 6-goal 29 assists for 35 points. The trouble comes with the -30 +/- rating. It’s tough being the only defenseman on the team and staying positive. It’s 5 v 1 in the defensive zone and you are under the microscope at all times.

So when the Rome GM approached him and told him he was traded, it was a new life for Maloish. Maloish was traded to the Bratislava Watchmen.

“It’s insane to me to think that I was a trade deadline deal. That means I had a lot of value in the eyes of the Bratislava GM, to which I am thankful. I want to thank everyone in Rome who helped me to get to this point and a huge thank you to the Rome GM for believing in me when no one else did. To the fans in Bratislava, let's win that cup!”

In the 9 games with the Watchmen Maloish only has 3 assists with a 0 +/- rating.