An Interview with Malmo's Mason Jones

Masu Chan

Interviewer: Hello Mason, it's been a while since we've had the opportunity to interview you. How have you been?

Mason: I've been great, coming off a big rookie season over in Malmo so everything is pretty good.

Interviewer: That's great to hear. Actually I wanted to ask you a few questions about your rookie season.

Mason: Yeah! Go for it.

Interviewer: Well first off we gotta start off with acknowledging the fact that in all three leagues you've played in you have worn a letter on your jersey. Does the letter add any stress?

Mason: Not at all. Like you've said, I have been wearing a letter on my jersey for the last four seasons regardless of what league I am playing in. It just comes naturally at this point. If anything it makes me play harder to be an example in the locker room.

Interviewer: That's a great mindset to have. Onto the next question. In all three leagues you have scored at least Seventy points throughout your four seasons. Do you think you'll ever slow down?

Mason: No. I am only getting better and I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon. My teammates in Malmo would be upset if I did.

Interviewer: Ha! You're still young, I'm sure the veterans won't be too harsh. Anyways for the final question we would like to bring up the fact that throughout this off season you've been home in Canada. What have you been doing to keep in shape? 

Mason: I hit the rink everyday, my trainer makes sure I get all the exercise I need and I've been focusing on improving my shot. I do intend on heading back to Malmo soon and begin training and building chemistry with the new guys after the draft.

Interviewer: Wow, sounds like you have been keeping busy this off season. It's always a pleasure to have you join us and we can't wait to see what you do next season.

Mason: Thank you for having me.

334 Words claimed June 15th 2022