Todd Cooke’s draft journey S84

KRZY

After being drafted 27th overall Todd Cooke is looking forward to being picked in tonight’s VHLE and VHLM draft. How does he deal with the anticipation and excitement of where he will be selected ? Well the answer is quite simple actually . He takes the calm cool collected patient approach . At the end of the day Cooke was extremely happy to be selected by the LA Stars and has already began putting in the work and started the journey to on day make and impact on that roster and prove he belongs in the VHL . So the upcoming drafts for the minors are much the same throughout Cooke’s first season with the Ottawa Lynx he continued to prove doubters wrong and put the work into his development becoming a dependable 2 way player down the stretch. This season being rated a top prospect he’s looking to take a step to become a top go to player wherever he may play. 

our staff caught up with Cooke and asked what it feels like being a top prospect this season . Here is what Cooke had to say .

Honestly it’s quite humbling that I’ve been looked at as a top rated prospect . Yes I’ve put in the work to get better everyday but at the end of the day I’m happy playing whatever and showing the league I can be a dependable player who can make an impact on both sides of the ice . It’s every kids dream growing up getting selected as a high draft pick and playing hockey. I’m super excited to play wherever I get drafted and contribute wherever my team needs me. 

Todd your kinda on the cusp of breaking into the VHLE this season is that a goal you’ve set for yourself ? 
I mean obviously we all wanna play the highest level hockey and with the best players and everything like that . But me personally I think whatever suites my player development is the best choice for me . I’m more then happy to play in the VHLM or VHLE . Everybody has the goal of getting to the VHL in the end so I think wherever I can play and develop my game to get there is what’s best for me at this point and time ! 

Looking back to last season . You earned TPE at a very good rate , is that something you expected coming in as a rookie ? And do you plan on keeping that rate up ? 

TPE is how we grow and get better right ? So ya I’m gonna put the work in to be the best possible player I can be wherever I play . The work never stops really !

you were drafted by the LA Stars , they had a big draft night and got a lot of big name prospects . The future looks bright for this team how do you think @InstantRockstar did in the draft this year ? 
Im excited to be a part of this organization going forward . They got a very promising goalie for the long haul , some stud defence men and some very promising forwards! Each of whom I’m excited to play with at some point or another . Rockstar did a phenomenal job adding key pieces for the future to this roster . Admittedly I’m a very new player to this league and I don’t know many people. But I do know LA is going to be a force for years to come , how can you not be excited to play with all the talent on this roster and coming up ? It’s gonna be fun !

There you have it folks it’ll be interesting to see where all the chips land when everything is said and done . One things forsure tho Cooke is looking to take a huge step this year . And become an impact player that can contribute to a teams overall success. A guy that wants to get better everyday and play hockey ! Tune in tonight and see where the top rated players in the draft class end up and what teams make a splash on draft night ! One things for certain this season is gonna be a good one . Thank you all for taking the time to read this quick little article on one of the leagues bright young up start players !

Edited by l1l KRZY l9l