Otis Gets a Promotion Before The Season Starts

Ozzy Batty

It was odd to fly from Philadelphia from Ireland. I was on my way to the practice facility for the Reapers. I had already told the staff that I would be fine staying in the dorm there while we were training. I didnt know where I was going to go, what I was going to do, but I knew I would be able to find the ice at least. At least there, I felt at home. After stowing my gear I headed to the ice. I needed to feel my skates sliding across the ice as I worked my way towards the net as I passed the puck back and forth with whoever was there.

I found myself on the ice all alone, it was so eerie, the quiet, pierced with the sound of my skates slicing across the ice. I stopped at center ice and looked around, trying to soak it all in. That is when I saw him, our General Manager. He waved me over, shook my hand and welcomed me to the team. We talked about what was going to be different from my time in Houston and Halifax and asked how I honestly felt about knowing that my last season in the VLHM was going to be here. I am excited. Things were good my first season, but seemed to bounce all over the place. I was looking forward to having a stable season.

He then asked me how I felt about being the Assistant Assistant GM. As I had told him when he asked me, I was excited and was looking forward to learning how to fulfill my duties. Then he asked me another question that I am still struggling to comprehend, he asked me to be the Assistant General Manager. Our current Assistant had accepted a new position with a upper level team and the spot was open. He wanted to know if I was interested in a promotion myself.

Of course my answer was YES!! So within a few days, I was drafted by Philly, promoted to Assistant Assistant General Manager, had arrived in the City and promoted to Assistant GM! 

Yea, lets get this season started!

22 minutes ago, Otis Boudreaux said:

It was odd to fly from Philadelphia from Ireland. I was on my way to the practice facility for the Reapers. I had already told the staff that I would be fine staying in the dorm there while we were training. I didnt know where I was going to go, what I was going to do, but I knew I would be able to find the ice at least. At least there, I felt at home. After stowing my gear I headed to the ice. I needed to feel my skates sliding across the ice as I worked my way towards the net as I passed the puck back and forth with whoever was there.

I found myself on the ice all alone, it was so eerie, the quiet, pierced with the sound of my skates slicing across the ice. I stopped at center ice and looked around, trying to soak it all in. That is when I saw him, our General Manager. He waved me over, shook my hand and welcomed me to the team. We talked about what was going to be different from my time in Houston and Halifax and asked how I honestly felt about knowing that my last season in the VLHM was going to be here. I am excited. Things were good my first season, but seemed to bounce all over the place. I was looking forward to having a stable season.

He then asked me how I felt about being the Assistant Assistant GM. As I had told him when he asked me, I was excited and was looking forward to learning how to fulfill my duties. Then he asked me another question that I am still struggling to comprehend, he asked me to be the Assistant General Manager. Our current Assistant had accepted a new position with a upper level team and the spot was open. He wanted to know if I was interested in a promotion myself.

Of course my answer was YES!! So within a few days, I was drafted by Philly, promoted to Assistant Assistant General Manager, had arrived in the City and promoted to Assistant GM! 

Yea, lets get this season started!

Otis. I am proud of what you are accomplishing here. Loving your stories! Keep Up the amazing work! :)