Dogwood Maple Loses Passport, Chaos Ensues at Airport

dogwoodmaple

In a shocking turn of events, Vasteras Iron Eagles rookie Dogwood Maple was detained at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport when attempting to fly back to Vasteras for practice.  Maple had returned home to his native Georgia for long weekend visiting family and apparently misplaced his passport during the stay.  Assuming it was still in his bag, he made it all the way to the international terminal at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson before realizing he must've left it at home.

"It's so embarrassing...I've only been back and forth to Europe a few times so I'm not an incredibly experienced international traveler.  One thing I'm going to do from here on out is triple-check for my passport," he told local media outlets.

What made matters worse, was shortly after Maple attempted to check-in to his flight, there was what turned out to be a false alarm of a suspicious bag being left at one of the international terminals.  One of the TSA agents found this to be too much of a coincidence, so Maple was detained for four hours while they verified that he had nothing to do with said bag and was, in fact, just a hapless traveler.

The good news for Vasteras fans is that Maple was able to locate his passport and head back to Vasteras later that day.

(216 words)