Theme Week, VHL at 15

JCarson

So, this is my second season within the VHL system, so I don’t have a lot of experience or knowledge of the history of the league. I have learned some things through conversations with others and as a result of an article I wrote about the inevitable demise of the VHLE. In full honesty I was expecting a little pushback on that article, but I got a lot of agreement and a history lesson. I will admit the theme week post is going to be difficult. I mean what do I know about the 15-year history of the VHL. Honestly, I do not know much about the current VHL. However, I do like a challenge, and I love TPE. So since I can earn an additional 6 TPE by making a post about VHL at 15 I am damn well going to do it and I am going to get those TPE  

So here is what I have done so far. Step one was to talk with my son who has been at this a little longer than I have. Not a successful conversation as all that has happened since is that he has whined that his TPE submissions are still sitting in pending and have not been approved. I guess as a side note I could comment on the recent history of TPE approval, a quick question on the forum would get me several opinions.  

I also put a note on the Vasteras discord server hoping that my VHLE GM and others on my team will help me with ideas and historical context to hopefully make this simpler but if that is not the case, I will find out what I can in other ways and go from there. 

Anyway, here is to the task of Theme week. I will do this, I will earn the TPE. 

Look at the history of your current team as it is an interesting one or even talk about when you were 15yrs old what you were doing. Or even talk about what you were doing when the league was created. 

I know I was in the military coming off train exercise and found out a freind and former teammate played his heart out to win the Stanley cup. 

As much as this is a story about the VHL turning 15 year, without the members we don't have the VHL for 15 years so tell your story as much as the VHL story will also be told.