Ben "Ceramic pot with holes" Dahl

jRuutu

rWjQJeb.png

Ben Dahl

Goalies do a tough job. A lot of hockey fans agree and know that how the team plays in front of the goalie matters a great deal on how well the goalie can play. If you allow wide-open shots near the neat, that is not going to be a good time for the goalie. A lot of hockey fans agree and know that goalies are often looked at through a critical lens, way more critical than many other positions, because it is easy to critique a goalie. They are not moving and you generally know what their job is - to stop pucks.

If you ask me, goalies do not get enough criticism.

Ben Dahl.

Shots faced: 1403. 10th lowest in the league.
Save percentage: 0.907. 2nd worst among all starters. Worst? Parise in Prague, but a quick look at the standings shows it's not exactly a fair comparison.

Possible reason? What do all goalies doing not-so-well have in common? And when I say all, I mean the two goalies with the lowest save percentages? (Under 91.0%)
Low SZ and AG.

When the team in front of you does a decent job in limiting the number of shots that you face, at some point you need to start making saves. Granted, some truly bad games from the whole team can tank the goalie's save percentage, but simply put - more is expected from Dahl.