Springfield Season - Ryuu Crimson and Jacques Lafontaine

SPRINGFIELD, MASSACHUSETTS - Ryuu Crimson was a tough winger in the Victory Hockey League for the Riga Reign and the HC Davos Dynamo throughout the S60s. However, if you have somehow heard of him, you know him as the first rookie to win the playoff MVP award in the VHL. Jacques Lafontaine was a Calgary starting goaltender for 6 seasons, though you may also know him as the backstop for the legendary Season 69 Saskatoon Wild team that won all but 4 games and won the Founders’ Cup.

These two former VHL players have never played against each other but they have met, especially considering both players’ affiliation with the Saskatoon Wild. Now both of them will be working together as coaches for the Springfield Thunderbirds of the AHL; Jacques Lafontaine taking over as goaltending coach and Ryuu Crimson as an assistant coach.

“Looking forward to working with all of the staff. Nice to see Lafontaine with the crew. Good to know I’ll have at least one familiar face with me.” Ryuu said during their introductory press conference.

“Ryuu is a tough but smart player and I know he’ll help coach these players well. I’m excited to help spread what I still remember about goaltending and I think I speak for both of us when I say we’re excited to see how things go.”

(Claiming Week Ending July 30th)

Edited by SlapshotDragon