Vegas and VHLM stuff

Shindigs

The Season So Far

Well, we're having quite the season so far. I had a good feeling going into this season, as I felt we did really well at the draft. As well as having kept a lot of our core from last season's cup winner. Having Town's player drop in the draft also means we could get back another member from that team, who I really wouldn't have guessed we'd be able to get while prepping for the draft.

That being said though, I knew we had some other powerhouses in the league, like Mexico. And closely behind them the Houston Bulls. What I wasn't expecting was the insane start to the season Mississauga had, which certainly made the top a lot more contested than I would have assumed when planning ahead for the season. Though on the flip side I was expecting Philly to do about as well as Mississauga did, so I guess it evened out?

To TDL Frenzy, or Not to TDL Frenzy?

Then all the trades started happening, with teams really loading up on talent. Often at the cost of most of their futures. That's always a scary time of the season, as I personally refuse to do that. I'd much rather have the tools to build a contending team every season. Than all in on any one season. I believe in doing the best with what I have and setup to have all I need from the draft and retained players and learn for next season, than try and "fix" any errors I made planning for the season with TDL hindsight. But that doesn't make it any less scary when you have teams getting stacked around you. You start questioning "Is what we have enough?", "Do I have to follow suit?".

This season I kind of did partake (but not really). Since I actually traded for a player, though it's a player that should be around next season as well. So realistically I made that trade because I had a hard time reaching a deal for a 3rd round pick next draft. While also helping fill out our playoff roster for this season. I'm hoping that trade will pan out and that @RobBro34will enjoy his time in Vegas and grow into a key player on our roster next season.

Looking ahead

Though looking forward to next season, I'm almost entirely certain that Mexico will be the team to beat. They are looking like they will retain the most players of anyone, with most of them being capped relatively early next season. While also having a very good pick pool in the S85 draft. Though I'm relatively certain we'll be able to assemble a squad that's able to be right up there and challenge them.