Happy 15th Birthday VHL

Seabass

Wow 15 years, that's a hell of a milestone guys. I was here in the early years and I got to say this league sure has grown since. If you would've asked me if I thought this league would've lasted 15 years during the early years I would've honestly told you no. We were all a bunch of savage immature kids back then and the drama that was going around here was pretty cringe worthy. I get we still have our fair share of petty drama but overall the league has definitely grown the fuck up and it's now more of a welcoming place that tries to include everyone. You guys should all be proud of what has already been accomplished here, a sim league typically doesn't usually tend to last more then 5, 15 years is a big deal and it rightfully should be celebrated. I remember when this was strictly a forum only based league, now with being able to have our own Discord Channel to use and all this place has really opened itself up for discussion.

See I walked away from the VHL back in S9 or S10 due to me thinking everyone here was pretty idiotic which honestly I think that's pretty fair to say. I thought I had walked away from this league for good and over the years I had assumed this league drifted away into non-existence. I was surprised to find this league once again 12 years later and I didn't really believe it was still the same league until I got to see the familiar logos of the Calgary Wranglers and the Seattle Bears. I recognized the Riga Reign who drafted my first player in S7, I even remember experiencing the team transitioning from the Stockholm Rams into the Reign. I recognized H.C Davos, the team I quit on back in S9/S10 (haha, sorry guys) and I also managed to experience their transition from the Avangard Havoc(lol). I got to look at all the seasons that had come and gone and all the history I had missed. Hell, I was even surprised to find out that the player I abandoned 12 years ago went on to eventually win a Continental Cup as a member of the S11 H.C Davos Team. That cup in S11 that I won as an active is still the only time any of my players won the Continental Cup as I never won it since. It's my only cup and I didn't even get to experience it. Here I am in S84 still chasing my first REAL Continental Cup win after now losing in the 5 finals I've been in since. Who knows maybe i'm just cursed for leaving Davos out to dry those years ago. 

Well cheers to what I hope is going to be another 10 years of VHL Hockey. The community seems strong and if we've already lasted 15 years, what another ten to make it 25? Would be pretty damn cool to say we've lasted a quarter century amirght?

Happy 15th Birthday VHL.