Career Goals for Dogwood Maple

dogwoodmaple

This is a question I got a lot in the pre-draft process and I certainly understand why.  General managers wanted to know how dedicated I would be, how long I would play, and what I had in mind for my player's career.   I was as honest with them as I could: I want to make the Hall of Fame. 

Is that a reasonable goal?  Probably not.  You can only control so much with your player when it comes to individual and team success, but I like to aim high.  I figure all I can do is work as hard as possible to put myself and my team in the best possible position to win trophies.  

So when it comes to my career?  Yeah, I'd like to be a Hall of Famer.  To win multiple championships and start a dynasty for my team.  To take home individual awards, trophies, and individual accolades to fill my trophy case.  

Again, that might not be reasonable but that's my goal.  It's the kind of goal I won't be disappointed if I miss out on, to be honest, because it's a lofty one.  

But at the end of my career, if I ended up having a good time with my team(s), met lots of great new folks, and did the absolute best job that I could, I'll call it a successful career.

Edited by dogwoodmaple