Bogatyrev Finds Feet in Houston

Bojovnik

Yaroslav Bogatyrev, one of the top prospects for the VHL S86 Entry Draft, made the move recently from Russia to the state of Texas to launch his career in the VHLM.

Since joining Houston, Bogatyrev has plied his trade on the team’s second line. The Bulls have a deep roster that is set to challenge the Las Vegas Aces for the Founder’s Cup, but Bogatyrev has so far flattered to deceive, registering just five assists through his first 12 games.

“It’s been a challenge since coming over from Russia. I’m used to playing on bigger ice and the style of game is different. Here, it’s more of a north-south game. In Russia you have more time on the puck and more time to set up plays, so it’s been difficult so far, but I’m ready to learn more and adapt,” Bogatyrev said.

The hulking Russian forward said that he had confidence in his team that they could mount a strong challenge for the VHLM title this season.

“From the games that I’ve played so far, it’s clear that Las Vegas and Mexico City are two of the best teams. They will be a strong challenge for us, but I know from my junior career, that once you get into the playoffs, anything can happen,” he concluded.