Reid Johnson Rising the Ranks, Announced GM of JST's Royals

TopTiddee2

Last week, current Las Vegas Aces Defenseman Reid Johnson was named the Junior Showcase Tournament's Royals General Manager. Showing a promising career, it seems like Reid has already impressed others throughout the forum. 

Rumors have swirled that Johnson is projected to be taken in the late first round to early second round of the VHLE Draft, which is quite impressive for a first generation player. Not many thought he would get into a GM role that quick. This is Johnson's potential to showcase that he can become a strong candidate for a future GM spot in the leagues once a spot becomes available. 

Reaching out to Reid regarding this new achievement was Fox 39's Chris Rock, who asked how this could affect the future of his career. 

"Well Chris, becoming a GM was quite an easy decision. The ability to develop new players to the forum is something I find enjoyable. It's crucial to the future of the forum and it can't survive without that dedication that GMs put into it. I think @Arce and I selected an active and dominant team, hopefully we can come up with a gameplan to exploit other team's weaknesses and ensure a championship at the end of the season. Of course, I will still continue my player career with the Aces and into the VHLE Draft. But I think this is a good start to a potential career outside of my player."

Chris then asked how his relationship with Arce could improve as a result of this job.

"I think that Arce and I have built a great relationship so far. He has helped me navigate the troubles of starting as a GM and was there to support me when we selected our team in the draft yesterday, and I was respectful with his opinions. I also think it's great that he's able to balance real life, GMing Vasteras, and AGMing the Royals organization. It shows that he can make time to do things he wants to do and be active within the server. I think as the season goes on he will be a presence in the LR and will be willing to help those who have questions."

Arce and Shindigs were unavailable for comments.

Edited by TopTiddee2