Between a Stone and a Hard Place

DoktorFunk

Chip Stone watches from the stands as his future team, the Seattle Bears, take game 4 against the DC Dragons. "I'm up here studying, but I'm also just excited for the guys," says Stone. "The environment here for the VHL playoffs is insane, and Seattle has really played super well. I've met some of the guys and I really just like seeing what they're like when they're super serious." The Bears currently have a 3-1 series lead over the DC Dragons in the VHL Continental Cup Playoffs. It's always too early to gauge who will take the whole thing, and Stone says he agrees. "Obviously it's too early to tell who takes this series. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable until I hold the Cup in my hands, but that's me. I just keep hoping the guys bring their A-Game and come out and play hard everyday. I really wish I could be playing in this series, but I guess that's what next year is for. It's a tough place to be in, but all I can be right now is their biggest cheerleader and focus on my own development."