Wordcast for the Podcasting Impaired - Episode #2

Thunder

Welcome to the 2nd episode of Thunder’s podcast for the casting impaired, a written monologue meant to be heard on Twitch podcast, but by someone who has yet to manage to accomplish such a thing.  On this episode, the discussion will encompass a couple things.  First, I will talk, (write rather) about my recent recruitment efforts while fishing in Alaska.  The second topic will be a sensitive discussion about the Warsaw Predators enforcer and my prediction as to what the upcoming season will have in store for Brian Payne.  And of course, if there is time, I will finish off with another traffic scenario; however, I’m sure by the end of this podcast, or wordcast as I should call it, no one will be reading it anyway.

The recruitment opportunity began last Tuesday when I received a call from my brother that he needed help fishing in Alaska.  I wasn’t keen on the idea of leaving five days later to spend some time away from the comfort of my sofa and the convenience of navigating through the VHL forum multiple times a day, to encounter the rough weather and rocking swells on a boat, considering that I’m still recovering from a knee surgery.  At any rate I accepted and started packing, but thoughts popped up about being able to complete my TPE earning to continue to build my player.  It was then I decided the next wordcast would be covering recruitment, as I tried to recruit on the last fishing trip to BC as well.

The first day on the water I sized up the opportunity with the captain of the boat.  He is a hockey fan and actually enjoys going to games on occasion, but it didn’t take long to scratch him off the recruitment list since it would be highly unlikely he’d have any time to get on line at all, let alone spend time earning TPE.

The three other fishermen on the boat were definitely potential targets until I got to learn a little more about them.  After a couple hours of slaying salmon and halibut, while talking to them I discovered that they were probably part owners of an NHL team so I think they would find playing virtual hockey on line beneath them, leaving day one on the boat unsuccessful.

On Day two, there were two new targets on the boat and they fit the profile of being potential VHL players.  At least my idea of a potential VHL player.  The only problem was that we were way too busy to spend any time discussing hockey while hauling in 80 pound ling cod and throwing back 200 pound halibut because of stupid slot laws.

That brings me to day three, when the two targets from day two were still on the boat for another day of catching fish.  Lucky me, we had caught our limit of salmon, halibut, and rock fish by noon and were headed back to the lodge.  I had two hours to discuss VHL hockey and took the opportunity to bring it up.  One of the two was definitely out of hearing range as he had been hurling all morning due to sea sickness, but the other one was engaged in the conversation and was interested.  Everything fell into place; he worked from home, played video games, and liked hockey.  I gave him the VHL address and he may be playing in the next season.  All in all, it was a successful trip and other than me getting my TPE done late, things went well.

On to topic #2.  It’s been a while since I have trash talked Brian Payne and his championship team Warsaw Predators.  I figured its time to bring it up again and stir up the rivalry in hopes that eventually Thunder and Payne go toe to toe.  In the end, I’m pretty sure that Thunder will go down like a sack of potatoes but it’s going to be fun if and when it does happen.  Before I end this wordcast, I’m going to try to stir up some shit and challenge Payne to a season of animosity and rivalry.  Bring on the Payne Train because Thunder will shake it up!

Due to being well over 500 words, the traffic topic will not be discussed in this wordcast.  Stay tuned…

723 words