Between the Periods with Bobbus Dingus ft. Nikolas Kauppi - VHLE Draft!

Tetricide

[ Bobbus Dingus interviewing Nikolas Kauppi (image) ]

Hello, world! Welcome to another episode of Between the Periods with your host Bobbus Dingus featuring my friend Nikolas Kauppi of the Mexico City Kings, prospect of the Prague Phantoms, and was drafted today once again but in the VHLE! Nikolas, please indulge us on the emotional journey you had today.

First of all, it's bold of you to assume I have any emotions, which I don't. Second, I guess I was more-so concerned about the amount of people that reached out to me for interviews for the VHLE compared to the VHL. Only 2 teams in the E reached out and Oslo was actually one of them that did. I had a pretty good feeling it would've been one of the two, but didn't hold onto hope for it. There's some pretty cool people there in Oslo, so I can't wait to play for them after this upcoming season in the minors.

Dad didn't come out naked this time did he?

Uh...no, that's a weird conclusion to jump to there, Bob. I mean, yeah his pants practically weren't on last time, but you know why. We were all there at the same time when my name showed up on the board at the end of the 2nd round. My parents were actually really excited, and they're mostly excited for my VHLE experience so they don't have to travel so far to see my games.

Nikolas, I do have to say you look a little...eh...different. Physically, I mean. You look like you could go for a nap right now!

Honestly, I could sleep in this chair within seconds. I spent a lot of time today in the practice facility and in training camp. I got a lot of tips and tricks from the coaches and even some players on the style I want to play as a forward. My body is in pain, but I think the other guys are more beat up than I am.

There's no doubt about that! Nikolas, I think I need a gym buddy. I know, I know... I'm a lanky kinda guy, but I need someone like you that can help me bulk up some! Get more into shape! Think you could help me with that?

Bob. There's no way. Absolutely no way you'd want me to be the guy to whip you into shape. Don't get me wrong, I can do it but you're gonna hate life. I'd make you miserable. More than you make me.

Aw, come on, Nikolas! I might look pathetic to you, but I'm spritzy! I've got the drive!

Let's talk about it after this interview.

Fine, fine... Okay, last question for you! How does it feel to be in the top 20 drafted in both the VHL and VHLE? Were you expecting it for either drafts?

The VHL draft I had zero expectations. In fact, even if I was a last pick it would've sent me over the moon. But 17th? My mind was absolutely blown. I guess the 6 teams interviewing me should've been a clear indicator that I was a potentially high pick. Not top 10 high, but right about where I was picked, you know? So, I was feeling like a king at that point. I figured I would've had all the VHLE scouts or GMs interviewing me, but I only had the 2. It threw me off a little bit, but I was still feeling like hot shit and the 16th pick overall pretty much confirmed it. I'm awesome.

That you are, Nikolas! I can't wait for our gym adventures to start. Welp! That's gonna do it for today's episode of Between the Periods with my new gym partner Nikolas Kauppi! Congratulations on being drafted by the Oslo Storm in the VHLE. We'll see everyone on the next episode!

As the camera pans away from the two, Nikolas can still be heard on the microphone
Haha, yeah...after I'm done with you in the gym, you'll be lucky to want to have another episode with me, bud.

672 words, using for PT for week ending September 4.