Musings on the Upcoming Season

dogwoodmaple

As I enter my first season with Vancouver, I'm incredibly optimistic.  Not just for myself, but for our team overall.  We were incredibly aggressive this offseason and I think we have made all the right moves to put us in a position to contend.  Will we win the Cup this year?  That remains to be seen, but I think it's clear that we couldn't have done anything more than the moves we pulled off.  We now have a roster that's deep, it's full of top-end talent, and we already have fantastic camaraderie.  There's a sense of confidence in our locker room that even if one of us has an off-night, there will be countless other Wolves there to pick up the slack and bail us out.  That takes an enormous amount of pressure off each player and will allow us to play with reckless abandon.  The bad nights will come, but it's how you respond that defines you.  Like I said, we might not take home the 'ship, but we have put ourselves in the best possible position to make that happen.  Our fans, our players, and all of our staffers deserve it.  All that's left to do it go out and execute in the way we know we can.

(210 words)

We will win or lose as team this season as we have a top tender in Fuhr and one of the best if not the best defence of group in the league. Not to mention a very strong core of forwards this season aided by some very interesting Rookie Prospects in yourself, Puk & Eagles. Not only does this season look bright be so does the next few years.

It should be play-offs this season considering where we ended last season that is a huge step in the right direction. Anything after that is a bonus really!!