Marlins Fans Toss Kangaroo Plushies onto Ice After Back-to-Back Wins

kirbithan

NcVmiSEHZs6Hv5JftJiyEoA_nolypR2Xj5DDEGCmk0zEIFNgZGHBV_7eJ50ROaglZ94lN25qH2cqqKeMMXB-Dx0dZf9tA4hEJ9hf6D0EUJME6akdO6k-qyc97XBtDVSyEjuy-sADjqC57hNVLz5Lq_tr2OSmr3MXgIo3tH0XRBvpkMS1L8RBecWG_w

SAN DIEGO, CA — The VHLM season has officially kicked off and the San Diego Marlins have made a big splash despite preseason doubts. After re-acquiring prospects Lachlan Summers and Vincent Laroche-Gagnier in the draft as well as new members in Tristen Gorlim and Adam Rage, they are now beginning to round out their roster with new waiver signings. 

During their opening home game against the Mexico City Kings, returning goaltender Summers stunned the Kings’ offense by stopping 42 of 45 shots for a .933 save percentage to end the night in a close 4-3 win for the Marlins.

A group of fans proceeded to toss six kangaroo stuffed animals onto the ice— a clear reference to Summers’ nationality. At first, he didn’t think much of it, but did end up asking the ice crew for permission to keep the plushies.

In their next home game, they faced the Miami Marauders in a thrilling contest that ended in a 5-4 shootout win. Summers had shown that his experience in the Junior Showcase helped him leaps and bounds, as he was able to stay cool in the face of danger in OT as opposed to his showings for the Delhi Pickles. The Australian denied Miami’s shooters until Adam Rage put away the game winning goal for San Diego.

The arena erupted into cheers and more kangaroo plushes ended up on the ice— almost triple the amount than the first game. It was clear these Marlins fans had gotten inspired by the previous night’s antics, and the clip went viral on social media.

It’s funny— I don’t know what else to say,” Summers chuckled in a post-game press conference, showing off a couple of the new stuffed animals he’d be adding to his collection. “If we see roo stuffies on the ice, that means we won the game and that’s all that matters. I’m grateful that the team and the city of San Diego have embraced me. I love it here and I’m glad I got to return for another season.

Marlins GM Jacob announced Summers would be the de facto captain, despite the team going without letters on their jerseys this season due to its small roster. Hopefully, this strong start will be a preview for the rest of San Diego’s VHLM campaign this year.

Word count: 383

Edited by kirbithan

lemme give my personal thoughts on this. been a while since i did one of these.

HOLY FORMATTING. i love how you structured the content, it works so well as a flowing article. flow is important. the professional touches such as the location where the article takes place is a great touch. the content is written and presented very well and clearly. i love the themes presented, and how you utilized the plush toss tradition and put your own spin on it. it looks and reads very professional. straight out of a publication for sure. from my experience, this article fits all of my expectations for a great piece of text. 10/10 hands down. great punctuation and grammar. follows all associated press laws too ;)

final rating from bobo: 10/10

5 minutes ago, Bobo said:

lemme give my personal thoughts on this. been a while since i did one of these.

HOLY FORMATTING. i love how you structured the content, it works so well as a flowing article. flow is important. the professional touches such as the location where the article takes place is a great touch. the content is written and presented very well and clearly. i love the themes presented, and how you utilized the plush toss tradition and put your own spin on it. it looks and reads very professional. straight out of a publication for sure. from my experience, this article fits all of my expectations for a great piece of text. 10/10 hands down. great punctuation and grammar. follows all associated press laws too ;)

final rating from bobo: 10/10

Thank you so much, Bobo!! ❤️

3 hours ago, kirbithan said:

NcVmiSEHZs6Hv5JftJiyEoA_nolypR2Xj5DDEGCmk0zEIFNgZGHBV_7eJ50ROaglZ94lN25qH2cqqKeMMXB-Dx0dZf9tA4hEJ9hf6D0EUJME6akdO6k-qyc97XBtDVSyEjuy-sADjqC57hNVLz5Lq_tr2OSmr3MXgIo3tH0XRBvpkMS1L8RBecWG_w

SAN DIEGO, CA — The VHLM season has officially kicked off and the San Diego Marlins have made a big splash despite preseason doubts. After re-acquiring prospects Lachlan Summers and Vincent Laroche-Gagnier in the draft as well as new members in Tristen Gorlim and Adam Rage, they are now beginning to round out their roster with new waiver signings. 

During their opening home game against the Mexico City Kings, returning goaltender Summers stunned the Kings’ offense by stopping 42 of 45 shots for a .933 save percentage to end the night in a close 4-3 win for the Marlins.

A group of fans proceeded to toss six kangaroo stuffed animals onto the ice— a clear reference to Summers’ nationality. At first, he didn’t think much of it, but did end up asking the ice crew for permission to keep the plushies.

In their next home game, they faced the Miami Marauders in a thrilling contest that ended in a 5-4 shootout win. Summers had shown that his experience in the Junior Showcase helped him leaps and bounds, as he was able to stay cool in the face of danger in OT as opposed to his showings for the Delhi Pickles. The Australian denied Miami’s shooters until Adam Rage put away the game winning goal for San Diego.

The arena erupted into cheers and more kangaroo plushes ended up on the ice— almost triple the amount than the first game. It was clear these Marlins fans had gotten inspired by the previous night’s antics, and the clip went viral on social media.

It’s funny— I don’t know what else to say,” Summers chuckled in a post-game press conference, showing off a couple of the new stuffed animals he’d be adding to his collection. “If we see roo stuffies on the ice, that means we won the game and that’s all that matters. I’m grateful that the team and the city of San Diego have embraced me. I love it here and I’m glad I got to return for another season.

Marlins GM Jacob announced Summers would be the de facto captain, despite the team going without letters on their jerseys this season due to its small roster. Hopefully, this strong start will be a preview for the rest of San Diego’s VHLM campaign this year.

Word count: 383

lachlan building up that collection