War on the Horizon

ctots

A war is coming.

Two great nations will clash on the battlefield in a scene so hauntingly tragic that it will define the generation. Families will be torn apart, our world will never be the same.

The war I’m talking about is, obviously, the VHLM against the VHLE. Since the creation of the VHLE, there has been some degree of tension between the two leagues. Recently, however, users have been speaking out about this conflict and weighing in on who the eventual winner may be. (For context, see Alex’s media spot ‘Why the VHL needs the VHLE’ and Grape’s VHL.com article ‘Extend the M, Abolish the E’)

I neither know nor care where this debate actually leads, since I’ll be in the VHL for the next several seasons, but it’s fun to see the conversation happening.

If I’m pressed to be on one side or the other, I think I would like to see a solution that relies less on bots to fill gaps in the rosters. I don’t know if that would be best for the VHL as a whole though.

Whoever has the responsibility of making those kinds of decisions: I do not envy you. Good luck.

12 hours ago, ctots said:

see Alex’s media spot ‘Why the VHL needs the VHLE’

One thing to keep in mind is that with my article I was primarily trying to provide some context on why the VHLE is needed strictly from a numbers side of things as it was and still is the most feasible manner in which to accommodate for the influx of new and active members. Now that a majority of those players are in the VHL we're seeing the number of players in the VHLE decrease.