Between the Periods with Bobbus Dingus ft. Nikolas Kauppi - The Beginnings of S85

Tetricide

interview2.thumb.jpg.d5de8d95fdf286bf9569afffd003956f.jpg

Hello, world! Welcome to another episode of Between the Periods with your host Bobbus Dingus featuring my friend Nikolas Kauppi, the newest captain of the Mexico City Kings! Congratulations on that! Nikolas, the Kings had a great start and after some line changes things seemed to fall off. I also noticed the Kings have been playing teams like Las Vegas, Miami, and San Diego a lot, which most of those games have been very close! How's the morale of the locker room and how do you guys plan on making a stride back to the top of the standings?

Uh.... First of all, thanks, Bob. It's definitely an honor to wear the C on the ice representing Mexico City. Second, yeah the beginning of this season has been super weird with the game schedule and it's almost like we're playing playoff series games. I don't know who made that schedule, but it just makes me more hopeful for what we're gonna face after the next 3 games. As far as the locker room morale, none of us are happy about the loss streaks, especially when we're so damn close to securing the dub. We're still got our chin ups though, hopes are still just as high on getting back up to where we belong in the standings. I think we've got a couple different line changes to make and I think we've got the rest of the season in the bag. Cole knows what he's doing.

You're 50 shots from your record last season and you're only 24 games in. As of the end of the games for this week, your record stands at 16 goals and 11 assists that puts you at 27 total points so far. That's just over a point per game average! What's helped put you where you are now and what's your points goal for the end of the season?

Bob, it offends me that you didn't ask me about any hat tricks that I've scored so far this season. Nikolas turns away from Bob to look stoically into the camera. I've scored 2...not 1, but 2...hat tricks so far this season. One of those games I scored 4 total goals and the other teams we have yet to really face off against better keep that five-hole shut. Nikolas puts his attention back to Bob, whose face is paused with shock. Anyway, Bob, yeah I couldn't have done any of this without my stellar and bad ass teammates. As far as my goal for the end of the season, I wanna hit 100 points. It might be a high bar, but it's what I need to push myself and my teammates to get to the top. I hope they've got some high bars for themselves as well.

Bob blinks away, adjusts his glasses, and clears his throat before moving to the next question. I..uh..right. Nikolas, before the season started you said that if Jeremy Swayman ever allowed a goal he owes you a hot dog. Swayman is currently standing at a 2.62 goals allowed average and it begs the question how are the hot dogs tasting?

Nikolas quickly moves out of his seat and puts himself inches from Bob face. He speaks in a very low, but also very serious tone. Bob, if you disrespect any of my teammates, especially a fellow captain, like you've just done again I'm going to tie you up to a goal post without any pads and let my teammates use you for target practice. Bob nods quickly in agreement and Nikolas keeps staring for a few more seconds before he calmly sits back in his seat, adjusts his tie, and starts again with a smile. You know, Bob, as much as I hate seeing a puck sneak past my boy Swayman the hot dogs we get are absolutely delicious. I only get 1 though even if he owes me 1 for every goal that gets by. Calories in, calories out. Can't just go crazy on whatever food I wanna eat.

Bob has been spacing out. Nikolas notices this and also notices Bob definitely pissed his pants. Nikolas tries to hide his smile with a finger over his lips, but he just can't help himself. He takes this awkward moment of silence to turn back to the camera to do his best Bob impression. Thanks for the interview, Bob! It's always a pleasure coming on your show Between the Periods with Bobbus Dingus featuring ME! Nikolas Kauppi! Thanks, everyone, for tuning into today's episode and we'll see you on the next! Nikolas pulls off his lapel microphone, stands up and walks out. Bob is still spacing out. Nikolas turns around and laughs loudly seeing he hasn't moved. He can be heard laughing and screaming I can't believe he pissed himself!

800 words, using for PT for week ending September 18.