Games: 145-152

VHL Games

Game Rome VS Istanbul

Istanbul is at the bottom of the standing and Rome try to get the third place of the standing.

The first period was very offensive with a total of 35 shots and Rome had an advantage by only one shot. They also had one more goal with a pair by Ray Whithers.

In the second period, Rome continue to put pressure offensively and Ray Whiters complete his hat trick to get a 3-1 lead.

In the third, Rome give only one shot to Istanbul in the entire period and score a fourth goal the finish the game 4-1.

Game Stockholm VS Vasteras

Two teams in the middle of the standing who are also trying to get the third position.

The game started really well for Stockholm with three goals in less than 5 minutes. Land, Bridges III and Martinez get the goals. Vasteras got also one by Accardi.

In the second, Vasteras put another one to get behind by only one goal. Braun was the one scoring.

The Iron Eagles didn't used their two powerplay in the third period to get the game even, so they lost 3-2.

Game 147 - Oslo Storm vs. Geneva Rush

Rush vs. Storm. Every day I thank the VHLE for bringing back such iconic logos and franchises. This matchup brings me back to when I first joined the league. For some reason, we memed the Rush a lot the first season I join. I digress, enough nostalgia, more hockey. Oslo stormed up the ice and made the Rush feel pretty blue with a goal from Nicholas Blue 1:11 in. That sentence was just as painful to write as it was for you to read. A few minutes later, Geneva rushed up the ice and got a goal of their own from Mikhail Lospenov. Then Geneva took a penalty leading to a power play goal from Brodie Landry III to give Oslo the lead back. Going into the intermission, Oslo was up 2-1. However, Geneva lived up to their name and rushed down the ice to score 9 seconds into the second period. Babushka was the goal scorer and tied it up for Geneva. Jon Webber Jr, perhaps inspired by the opponent's quick goal, got the lead back for Oslo by scoring just 20 seconds after. John Jameson would add some insurance and score not once but twice before the third intermission. In the third period, Geneva looked to answer back despite the overwhelming Oslo offense who was pelting shots on the Rush. Geneva would end up scoring on the power play on a goal courtesy of Jeff Buffy but their effort to comeback would prove fruitless and Oslo would win this one 5-3.

Game 152 - Bratislava Watchmen vs. Cologne Express

Speaking of nostalgia, here's a matchup between Bratislava and Cologne. Two cities who have formerly had their teams ripped from them get to see them revived as VHLE team. I don't have any stories about them though as both were before my time in the VHL. I digress; this affair was probably not as open as the Storm vs. Rush matchup but it was a very close match with neither team giving up much. 27-24 shot on goal advantage to Cologne. In the first period, nobody scored. Nobody found the net. That sort of stinks. And when something stinks (more specifically, yourself), what do you use to make it not stink anymore? You introduce some cologne. Bad joke aside, Cologne opened the scoring 2 minutes and 40 seconds into the second period to give Cologne the first goal of the game. Then both teams continued to play on with no goals and no room for error for either side. I can't EXPRESS how little offensive plays there were. Okay, I promise, last bad VHLE team name joke. However, a costly penalty by Cologne just over the midway point of the third lead to a Bratislava power play goal, tying the game up. Both teams went into overtime and... no goals. That meant we were heading to a shootout. Ryan (He Who Has No Last Name) skated up to Jesse Teno and scored for Bratislava. Cologne got a response from Hugh G Johnson who scored on Orion D H Chester IX. Bratislava scored again courtesy of The Frenchman. Finn Davis came in and this time, Orion D H Chester IX stopped him. Alfred Champagne was stopped by Jesse Teno and Orion D H Chester IX stopped barry bigman to secure the win. 2-1, Bratislava.