Cooke builds his perfect hockey player

KRZY

VHLE rookie Todd Cooke of the Oslo Storm was asked to build his perfect hockey player for todays game . There are numerous important traits that contribute to a great hockey player. Let’s take a look at the player he built.

the traits he picked from are the following 

Hands,IQ,Speed,explosiveness,shot, One timer,Strength,passing,Leadership,Physicality, and Grit

Hands - Patrick Kane

His hands are undeniably the best in the NHL how could you not want his hands . The guy can stick handle his way out of a phone booth. 

IQ - Connor Mcdavid

He thinks the game at such a high level always seems to make plays out of literally nothing . Always 2-3 steps ahead his mind is constantly looking for the next move.

Speed - Connor Mcdavid 

The fastest player in the NHL he does everything at an exceptionally high speed ! I’ve never seen someone skate as fast as he can with and without the puck !

explosiveness - Nathan Mackinnon 

this one was tough but ultimately I chose mackinnon over mcdavid , due to the fact that his explosiveness can straight up take over a game in an instant. This is evident in his playoff performances over the years past.

Shot - Austin Matthews

without a doubt the best release in the game . He’s easily todays best goal scorer and will go down as one of the best all time ! 

One timer - Alex Ovechkin

they guy has made a living doing this , is on his way to being the all time leader in goals scored in the NHL and a fair few of them have come courtesy of his patented one timer .

Strength - Jamie Oleksiak 

I really wanted to pick chara on this one but with him retiring I think I picked the next best option . This guy is a complete beast and manhandles his opponents. Definitely someone I wouldn’t want to make angry.

Passing - Leon Draisatl 

Leon has the ability to pass flawlessly on both his forehand and backhand . The guy can find anyones tape from just about anywhere .

Leadership - Jonathan Toews

Capitain Serious, this guy is easily the best leader in the game in todays NHL . He leads on and off the ice . And is a very well respected individual around the league .

Durability - Phil Kessel

say what you want about the guy but he’s on track to break the iron man streak . He hasn’t missed a game in forever . That’s gotta mean something 

Physicality - Ryan reaves

Never shies away from contact and is usually always among the league leaders in hits . The guy is a game breaker in that department.

Grit - Brady Tkachuk

love him or hate him this kid plays a hard nosed in you face game of hockey every single night.

with all of these traits Cooke believes a player could go down as one of the best to ever play the game hands down . Anyone of these attributes could make a player an impact player but with each and every one listed a single player could dominate the league and single-handedly piggy back their team to multiple championships .