VHL Alumni Game: A Public Inquiry

DoktorFunk

So I'm deadass serious about this. A project I'd like to undertake is to either prerecord and edit or livestream with another commentator a VHL Alumni game using NHL 22. I have a few questions for the community here for what you'd like to see:

1. What teams?

This can be complicated because some teams have an absolutely stacked history and it wouldn't be entirely fair. Take, for example, Seattle. I tried it with them on my own before and the team was absolutely ridiculous if you go all the way back to the beginning of the franchise. 

2.  Should there be a season limit/cutoff date for generations of players? Should I limit it to decade/other criteria that make it more even keel?

Kind of related to the above question, I'd really like players from similar ages playing together, but it would also be cool to see Matt Thompson play with a 111 year old Scotty Campbell.

3. At what tpe should I make them?

Should I take them at the year that they retired (which I actually think is reasonably fair) or should I depreciate them a little more and just give them crazy X-Factor abilities? It's kind of complicated because they really probably WOULDN'T be as good as when they retired. Wayne Gretzky wasn't the same in the Oilers alumni games (probably stopped doing coke by then). 

4. Would you like input on how your players are build (if still applicable)?

This one is tricky. It's like an old lesson I learned while participating in a Harvest Moon Roleplay forum when I was 10 (yes, that actually happened): never decide traits or actions for another player you don't control. Since these aren't my players save for potentially two, should I reach out to their creators to make sure that their built properly? I want HHH to be as much of a beast as he actually was. I want Rayz Funk in top form, but the genius behind the player should be included, correct?

5. Would it be more fun to watch a stream of it, a dolled-up recording of it, or both?

This just comes down to what people would enjoy the most. I'd like it to be a well-attended or well-viewed event, as there's no point in doing this damn thing if I don't get some recognition lol

So these are my questions. I'd love some feedback and suggestions!