The Gimmie with Kimmy Ep. 4 ( Jack Jeckler )

Uncommon

Kimmy Jimmel: "Alright! Welcome back, fans! So, we've been off of the air for a couple of months now due to some technical difficulties here at the studio. All thanks to our beloved technician, Rusty Nails, we're up and running and happy to be back in business. Thanks again, Rusty. I'd also like to thank all of our viewers out there listening in. We couldn't do it without loyal fans like you. (long pause) Joining us tonight we have a young VHLM defensemen named Jack Jeckler. You might have heard that Jeckler was recently signed by the San Diego Marlins. Stay tuned through this commercial break for the whole story here on The Gimmie with Kimmy here on 103.5 and 103.9 The Ledge! (sound effects)(commercial break)

Kimmy Jimmel: "We're back and I'd like to welcome, Jack Jeckler, to the fourth episode of The Gimmie with Kimmy. Welcome!"

Jack Jeckler: "Thank you, Kimmy. It's really good to be here. I'm really happy to see The Gimmie returning to the airwaves."

Kimmy Jimmel: "Me too! Thank you, Jack. Let's dive right in then. It seems like only yesterday that you're name came into the VHLM conversation. What's your background? How long have you been playing ice hockey?"

Jack Jeckler: "Sure, sure. I know I'm a new prospect coming in late to the season but I'll still be playing my heart out. I was born in New York, New York and I've been playing ice hockey ever since the very first time my father tied my skates on. I think I was four or five years old? I was actually a bit of a slow learner but I stuck to it and practiced hard. Yeah, I really loved it and never gave it up."

Kimmy Jimmel: "That's good! It's always great to hear that a player is willing to put their nose to the grindstone. So you've been playing almost as long as you can remember then? That's something we hear quite a lot with so many families passing the passion along from generation to generation. Tell us about your playstyle, Jack. What can we expect from you out there on the ice?"

Jack Jeckler: "I like to think I play like a classic defensive defensemen. I usually prefer to fall back and protect the house. I watch for anyone skating with their heads down and punish them for it if I can. (laughs) Also, I have size on my side and I use that to protect the net."

Kimmy Jimmel: (laughs) "I look forward to seeing more of that when you're playing. In your first game in the VHLM you had three hits and two blocked shots. Is that something we should be getting used to?"

Jack Jeckler: "Yes, of course. That's a big part of my job out there. I'd like to put up some offensive numbers as well but that's secondary for me. I'll continue to use my size and strength to keep pucks on the other end of the ice and out of our net."

Kimmy Jimmel: "Keep an eye out for Jack Jeckler ladies and gentlemen. It's been a pleasure, Jack."

Jack Jeckler: "The pleasure was all mine, Kimmy. Thanks for having me on the show."

The Gimmie with Kimmy here on 103.5 and 103.9 The Ledge! (sound effects)(commercial break)

( 552 Words - Oct 3-9 )