Calgary Leading the Way in NA

Phil

I am not sure how it happened, but it seems Calgary are atop of the North American Conference with two games in hand. 

Last week when I checked the standing we what I thought was a distant third, but with just 9 games left Calgary seem to have turned the jets on and are 1 point clear of the Wolves while playing two games less. 

What stands out the most is Calgary's offense. They've scored the most goals in the conference - 217 -  which is an average of 3.44 per game. What is even better if you are a Calgary fan is that the scoring is coming from everywhere. No one has hit the 100-point mark yet and they have 4 players with 30+ goals. This sharing of the puck shows the immense camaraderie that we've been privy to in the lockeroom and it seems the team has gelled well. The hard part will now be staying focused and getting to the end of the season and gearing for the playoffs.

Strasmore's rookie campaign, although not stellar, has been decent. The rook is sitting pretty with 20 points, +26, 150 hits and a team second-best 108 shots blocked.