As The Season Winds Down

Bulduray_1

Sports Vision Training for Hockey Players

As The Season Winds Down

As the season winds down, many teams are making their final push before the playoffs start. Whether it’s the VHL, VHLE or VHLM, it’s been a fun ride for many of the VHL community. Less than over ten games per team are yet to be played before the stage will finally be set for playoff time. Both teams and players alike are facing difficult uncertainties regarding their future, it’s going to be interesting to see how everything plays out. 

The Moscow Menace have once again clinched playoff opportunities for themselves. But there is a bigger question lingering in everyone’s mind as the Moscow Menace approach the end of the season. Do they really have what it takes to make another deep push into the playoffs? So far, the Menace are comfortably seated second in the European Conference. Only behind a remarkable Warsaw Predators roster for first place. Sergey Preobrazhensky hasn’t particularly met the standard he set for himself at the start of the season. Lacking behind in assists, points, shots and several more offensive categories compared to last year. Although this is a very discouraging sign, Sergey will have to remember to keep disciplined and try to salvage his season by giving it his all in the playoffs.

“Of course it’s been incredibly discouraging, I set a very high bar for myself this season and I’ve failed to achieve it. I know that I’ll have to go back to the drawing board to reflect on where I’ve gone wrong. But right now, I can’t dwell on my failures, I have to keep on pushing, even if I’m not in the best of shape going into the playoffs”

Heading over to the other side of the globe, the Saskatoon Wild have been at it for a while now. Going back and forth with league opponents, it’s been a bloodbath in the VHLM. Soon though, a new page will turn, the VHLM Playoffs will begin once again very soon. 

The Saskatoon Wild had exceeded expectations since the beginning of the season. Being projected a bottom tier team leading up to the season, the Wild had a drastic turn around. Keeping them alive in such a competitive Eastern Conference. But as the playoffs begin, competition will get tougher, the Wild once again will be regarded as the underdogs. Due to the lack of offensive and defensive depth compared to other teams, many analysts have pointed out that the Wild might not be able to keep up with other teams. But the playoffs are full of uncertainties. Anyone can speculate, but until the final results have been posted, no one can distinctively say which team will prevail.

There you have it! It’s been a crazy past few weeks for the whole VHL. And as the community is preparing for the playoffs once again, I thought I would go a bit in depth about mindsets heading into the event. Looking forward to seeing how it all plays out in the near future!

It was awesome to be a part of the push for the Wild and hopefully the playoffs show Leonard Triller to be a player who can step up.  Not knowing what next season will bring makes it even more important to make some noise in the playoffs.  Excited for post season play!