Wann Kerr's post-season interview

VattghernCZ

Hello once again, thank you for making yourself available for this videocall.

My treat, it's nice to hear my native language once in a while.

What a season for the Aces. So...how do you feel?

Mostly, I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a part of such a strong, cohesive team. I don't think we could have been this successful if we didn't stick together and have this team first mentality the front office has installed in us. We're all buying in. Being a part of such a special group of guys is an invaluable experience to start off my career.

What was the most memorable moment of the season for you?

On the ice? Of course scoring my first goal has to be up there, but I guess scoring 7 points in a game against the Hounds tops that. Everyone on the team did everything right that game and we were just having fun. Poor Hounds, man. Off the ice, the pizza party we had mid season was fun, though the guys were not happy about my pineapple pizza and Juan wouldn't stop talking about mushroom crisps.

Was a pizza party really more memorable than being arrested, having a brawl with bots or getting kidnapped by Juan?

Now that you talk about it... But we're cool with Juan. I'm actually at his place right now. He dedicated a space for me in this cupboard with Shindigs nametag. It's kinda cozy, I feel safe in here.

Wait, he's still holding you hostage? How do you keep playing games?

That's our little secret. Beep beep.

Let's just...not dig into that. Looking back at your season, you were among the league's most penalised players for a stretch, what was that about?

Well, the adjustment from european beer league hockey to the M was tough. I guess I was just getting a bit too frustrated about not really finding success straight away. And those refs, they see everything. But at least I was able to put the time on the bench to good use, I've been talking Juan.up in front of Jeid a little bit. They've got great chemistry, it's cute.

But you've found your scoring touch eventually. Aren't you disappointed the 100-point mark eluded you by just 3 points?

It would be cool to reach it, but we're the top VHLM team, I'm not honna bit*h and moan about individual stats. I'm always bringing the best I can and I think my line is working great. Also, Kirill Kaprizov wears number 97, I take it as a sign he will win Hart this season.

But now the regular season is over. How do you feel going into the playoffs? Are you confident in your team?

Oh absolutely! I feel the most focused, energized and ready I've ever felt! And I think most of our guys feel the same way. I'm 100% confident we can take on any team, our depth is as good as anyone's, and we've got stars on every position. It's threepeat or bust! Shindigs has to leave the Aces with a proper bang.

And what's your plans for the next season? Will your postseason success have a say in it?

No. I've talked about my future with Shindigs and a few guys and we've come to the conclusion it would be best for my development to leave for the E next year. I'm gonna miss the guys, we've really.got something special here, but that's being a professional athlete. A few our guys are in the same draft class as I am, so perhaps I'll meet them again really soon.

That would be great. I'm afraid our time's up, so once again thank you for your time, and I wish you and your team succes in the postseason.

It was my pleasure. I have a feeling you're gonna bother me again pretty soon, so talk to you soon.

Word count: 648