First Full Regular Season Wrapped Up

John Cimarno

Now that the VHLM regular season has concluded, I would like to share some thoughts about how it went.

I was at just over 100 TPE heading into the season, so I was not the best player out there and often struggled to score points and goals etc. I got to 200 TPE about two thirds of the way through the season and I started to pop off. I had a 19 game point streak where I scored 40 points and really boosted my stats on the season. Earlier in the year I wrote a media spot or an article talking about my goals for the season. I said I would love to score 40 goals, but that didn't happen. I think I said I would like 100 points too but that also didn't happen. 

This season I scored 29 goals, 57 assists for 86 points in 72 games. I almost had a 30 goal season which would've been a really good milestone for me but being 1 off of it isn't a big deal. In total for my regular season career I have scored 35 goals, 63 assists for 98 points in 85 games. I was so close to having 100 career points in the M but it's ok. I seem to have been a well rounded player all year as I could score goals and set up teammates as well. I had two games this season where I had 4 assists but I did not record a hat trick. 

All in all, I am very happy with this season and so far in the postseason the Lynx have been doing tremendous.