Is Single Season Hit record obtainable??

Scurvy

Today on a whim I was browsing through the VHL forum and started looking at records.  I came across the hit records and began to wonder.   Can they ever be broken in today’s VHL??

The current hits in a season record is held by Gabriel McAllister in S61 with a massive total of 461 hits.  Most of the top 25 in hits occurred before S80.  The exceptions are tied for 12th, Druss Deathwalker in S82 with 413, Phil the Rock Johnson in 20th place with 403, and Druss Deathwalker again tied for 17th with 404 in S84.  So, 2 players were able to crack that 400 mark and make the top 25.  Seems like 461 in insurmountable in today’s game.  Even Davos tough guy and massive hitter, Vinny Detroit got 382 this year and he was almost 90 hits ahead of the #2 hitter in S85.  

Currently Detroit has 96 BC TPE and 68 TPE in grit so not sure what more he would need to get to 461.  I feel if anyone could do it Detroit could, but just looking at his TPE and the numbers he obtains I am not sure its possible.  

Anyway just wondering for my own curiosity.

McAllister 2 gud

(Backstory: I was actually planning on making him a pure scorer with zero hitting capability. But I was kind of running out of places to put TPE and decided to swing hard the other direction, which is how he got a huge hit spike between seasons 2 and 3. Glad I did, it's a fun record to have.)