Bogatyrev Leaves Cologne With Head Held High

Bojovnik

Cologne Express captain Yaroslav Bogatyrev bid farewell to the coaching staff, fans, and his teammates on Sunday, following the German side’s 4-2 series loss to the Oslo Storm in the VHLE Finals.

Bogatyrev, with his strong play throughout the season, became one of the fan favourites of the Express side, and addressed members of the fan club on the ice following Cologne’s Game 6 loss.

“It was a pleasure to play in front of you. It was a pleasure to represent you. It was a pleasure to meet so many of you and it was a pleasure to have your support throughout the season. Thank you,” Bogatyrev told the Cologne faithful on Saturday.

Hopeful rumours had begun to spread among the Cologne fans that Bogatyrev could be convinced to spend a second season in the VHLE, although the likelihood of him ending up back on the Express would have to be decided by the management in the draft.

However, the Russian forward squashed those rumours by announcing to Shaiba.ru that he would move up to the VHL once he is selected in a week or two’s time.

“It’s the right time for me to make the move into the VHL. I feel that I’m ready,” he said.