Claimed:Rhinehart Interview

Boomcheck

Rhinehart Interview

Oscar_Klefbom_122811_thumb.jpg

Jakub Rhinehart is the new shiny toy in town, the recently declared draft eligible German is now prepared to take a step into his journey to the VHL. Claimed off waivers by the Saskatoon Wild, the seventy six inch defender is expected to report to their training facilities shortly. He is a complete unknown compared to the other draft eligible defensemen that have already made strides in their development. It would only be fair to assume that Jakub is lacking valuable hours in the gym but looks fit and ready to jump into the VHLM season. He decided to sit down and accept an interview

What kind of defenseman are you?

I definitely consider myself a two way threat at this point of my career. It might be more beneficial to become an anchor to the blue line but I feel that my skills will speak for themselves. I have a good first pass and can shoot from the circle. My reach is long so I can check players with my stick. I don't consider myself large just yet since I am still filling out my frame but I want to be fully prepared for the VHL when the time comes. I know that I am not well-rounded yet but I am certain that as I get used the the league, the type of player I am will be more evident.

Where do you see yourself five years from now?

We're getting ahead of ourselves now! I do not have an accurate answer for that but I know where I want to be with realistic expectations. I do not see myself as a super star in the future but as a solid second pairing option. Best case scenario is that I will play on the top pairing as the second defenseman to support my teammates. A Continental Cup is what I want more than anything at this point. Sometimes a career isn't defined by individual accomplishments but how you play with others as a team. I'm not too flashy so I doubt I will pull in any big awards but that is the one that I am aiming for. If I can last a good three season or so in the VHL, then I know I have accomplished a lot.

KLEF.jpg

You are in the upcoming draft. Not ranked yet but where do you see yourself going?

Now this is a difficult question to answer. There are already many defenseman in this draft that are very well developed. I would be happy to even be selected in the second round. Realistically speaking I will be picked up at the mid-second round.My play and progress will speak for itself so I don't want to sell myself high just yet. Kowalski looks to be a generational talent and I hope that someday we can play together.

That was all from the interview with Jakub Rhinehart, considered a good prospect for the upcoming draft. He has the the potential to make an impact but that has yet to be seen. After being picked up by Saskatoon, he will be starting on the second pairing and work his way up the lineup throughout the season.

trophy_turnercuplg.jpg

Content: 3/3 A solid interview from you. Rhinehart has a solid future and if you keep at it with him, he could be a difference maker. I doubt you fall past the second round with all your hard work.

Grammar: 2/2 Nothing here

Appearance: 1/1

FINAL: 6/6

• 4 weeks later...