#asktheBouch: Draft Nerves

Gaikoku-hito

1244424295_AsktheBouchLogo.jpg.983d33085ec084e723eff77ce734c8af.jpg

Night before the VHL draft and somehow it just dawned on me that the VHLM and VHLE have already completed their drafts so congratulations to all the players already drafted in the two lower premium leagues that feed the VHL with great wonderful prospects. But I am going to discuss some random thoughts before the VHL draft starts tomorrow so here we go….

-       Nervous before the draft even though we have been planning, discussing, planning some more etc… all leading up to our first selection as I write at 11th overall. Last season it was easier we had the top pick and we knew who we were going to draft from the moment we won the lottery but this year is different as we need to wait hope and draft the best possible prospect when you selection comes. Is our player or players going to be still available when we get to our selection.

-       Trades are always a part of the draft and this year has seen a ton of movement before the draft so I am wondering if we are going to have a calmer night around the trade front or are we going to see trades with teams looking to move up or down the draft as players get selected by other teams. These are always last-minute deals or are some of these planned a head of time but just confirming player selection orders before trading up or down to get a player.

-       A lot of planning happened before this night and we can either set our team up for the next few seasons as the prospects we draft develop and join the roster or become busts that can quickly set your franchise back a season or two. Welcome to the crapshoot that we call the VHL Draft.

Excited like child before Christmas also as we look to add new prospects and future players to our roster so I cannot wait for the draft tomorrow even though it makes me nervous as I hope we draft well. Oh, and luckily I am at work so I won`t be a nervous-Nelly bugging Frank every few moment about changes. I should still be able to follow the draft between classes. I hope!!