#asktheBouch: Playing with a Rookie

Gaikoku-hito

113929558_AsktheBouchLogo.jpg.0ce0b3dbb9d0e5dc3ee22117a94ca62d.jpg

First week of the season is in the books and what else can be said other than Pierre Emile Bouchard has struggled heavily to start the season with only two goals, four assists for a massive six points in the first fourteen games. These number have also been inflated since both goals came in the past two sims.

“It has been a struggle from a personal standpoint but I have been given a unique opportunity as I have Jimmy as my defensive partner this season so I am having to be a bit more responsible” stated the Vancouver Wolves player.

“Jimmy has been playing great with I think ten points in the first week of the season so I am happy that he has adjusted well to playing in the VHL. Even in the Rookie of the year conversation to start the season. That is impressive and gives me more confidence to start cheating back towards the offensive zone again.” When asked if it was Rookie fault for the veteran players drop-in play so far this season.

“It has been frustrating from my own personal standpoint but at the end of the day I am here to help the Vancouver Wolves win hockey game. With if I remember correctly 8-5-1 record, I think overall the team has played well so far in the early part of the season. Also, a boost to confidence is the fact some of us have struggled to start the season so once we are all firing on all cylinders then we should be able to do some damage.” Answered the player when asked if he was frustrated by his slow start.

“The league also looks very tight at the moment and could stay that throughout the season so I rather focus my energy on the team collecting points then myself collecting the points. Whatever it takes to win games. That is what I am all about!!” added the Canadian defender without being asked a direct question.

So the biggest question here is can this Defender turn things around and start helping Vancouver Wolves win more or will be back here in a week talking about trade rumors and where this player should be traded too!!